메뉴 건너뛰기

* 기도 편지는 파송된 선교사의 안전과 개인정보보호를위해 새로남교회 성도님들만 열람하실 수 있습니다.
조금 불편하시더라도 로그인 해주시길 부탁드립니다.
로그인이 안되는 분들은 카카오톡 '새로남교회'로 문의해주세요.

아들 동규(Joshua)에게 세례를 베푸는 김대순 선교사! 얼마나 감동적이었을까요?..

아... 기도편지 올리고,
눈물을 글썽인게 여러번 이지만,
이번 기도편지는 정말 마음을 울리네요.

아들에게 세례를 주신 선교사님의 마음이 얼마나 뭉클하고,
감동되었을까... 생각되어집니다.

역시 우리 하나님은 참 멋진 아버지 이십니다.
계속하셔서 선교사님 여동생 캐론을 위해서
중보기도 해주시기 바랍니다.

선교위원회 드림
=============================================================================
사랑하는 선교 동역자에게,
2011년을 기대벅찬 가슴으로 시작 하였습니다.
주님께서 기대의 첫 열매를 1/8일(토)에 부족한 저희들에게 허락하셨습니다.
우리의 핏줄 아들 동규에게 세례를 주었습니다.

“사랑하는 아들 동규, 예수님을 구주와 주인으로 모시고, 한 평생을 주님 따라가는 제자가 되기로 고백한 신앙 위에, 부족한 아버지가 성부,성자, 성령님의 이름으로 세례를 주노라.”

나의 아들을 물에 넣었다고 다시 올릴 때 그 기분을 말로 표현할 수가 없네요.

배경을 짧께 설명드리죠. 미국에서 태어난 동규는 3개월 때 유아세례를 받았습니다. 5살 때 부모 따라 태국 선교지에 와서 13년을 보내며 성장하였지만 동규에게는 태국은 쉽지 않은 땅 이였습니다. 선교자자녀로 자라면서 받은 상처들이 있어서 태국에 정을 붙치지 못하였습니다.

2010년에 대학을 입학하여 부모 떠나 홀로 미국 생활을 하였습니다. 부모 마음은 동규가 좋은 대학교에서 공부하는 것도 좋지만 신앙 생활을 제대로 할 수 있을까 걱정의 기도를 하였습니다. 좋으신 하나님께서 그의 삶 가운데 역사하여 주셨습니다. 대학교 1학년 첫 학기부터 캠퍼스의 기독교 학생 모임을 참석하면서 영적으로 성장하기 시작 하였습니다. 동규가 대견스러운 정도로 성장을 하는데 얼마나 하나님께 감사하던지요.

12월 성탄절이후 겨울 방학동안 태국에 저희들을 방문하기로 계획 하였습니다. 떨어진지 몇 달밖에 되지 않았지만 아들이 너무 보고 싶었습니다. 동규로 부터 이런 이 메일이 왔습니다.

“몇 개월 전부터 가슴에 담고 있었는데 이번 겨울에 태국을 방문하며 아빠가 주는 세례의 영광을 받고 싶습니다, 혹시 당황하실지 모르겠네요. 제가 대학교에 와서 신앙을 되찾은 이후에 아빠에게 꼭 물어보고 싶었어요.”

다른 스케줄을 다 제쳐놓고 동규에게 세례주는 것을 최우선으로 결정하여 그 날이 오기를 손 꼽아 기다렸습니다. 그 날이 바로 1월8일 저녁 다섯 시 동규가 선교사자녀로 다녔던 선교자 자녀학교 수영장에서 영광스러운 세례식을 진행하였습니다.

아들에게 세례를 주는 기분은 말로 표현할 수가 없었습니다. 아버지로서 항상 부족함을 느꼈는데 아들에게 세례요청을 받은 것은 엄청난 영광이였습니다. 그리고 마음 속으로 기도하였습니다.

“하나님, 내 자식에게 세례를 주는 것이 이렇게 기쁜데, 남은 생애 주님을 섬기면서 믿지 않은 사람들에게 많이 전도하여 그들에게 세례를 줄 수 있는 특권을 주세요.”

3월 초에 8개월 이상 세례반을 수료한 태국 사람 세 명이 세례를 받을 것입니다. 물 세례와 더불어 성령 충만한 세례가 될 수 있도록 기도부탁 드립니다.
딸 한나는 대학원서를 보내놓고 입학동지서를 기다리고 있는데, 저희는 한나가 언제 아빠에게 세례를 받겠다고 할까 기다리는 마음이 생기네요. 모든 감사를 주께 돌립니다.

김대순, 성숙, 동규, 한나 드림

● 기도 제목 ●

우리 가족 
1. 여 동생 캐론(Karen)눈은 떴지만 아직도 일어나지 못하는데 몸에 근육이 회복되어서 일어날 수 있도록. 암으로 몇 년 동안 투병하고 계신 아버지에게 치유와 영적 기쁨이 충만하도록.
2. 영적, 육적 재 충전과 매일 넘치는 성령의 능력과 사역의 창조력을 위하여
3. 12학년인 딸 ‘한나’가 대학원서를 다 보냈는데 가장 적합한 대학에 입학하도록.
4. 동규가 성령충만하여 대학 캠퍼스에서 증인의 삶을 살 수 있도록.
5. 선교 사역에 필요한 2011년 모든 재정을 주님이 채워 주시도록.

영어본 ;

Dear Our Mission Partner,
We welcomed 2011 with great excitement and anticipation of how the Lord will bless us. The Lord graciously granted us the first divine blessing on January 8, 2011.
We had the gr
eatest honor of baptizing our own son, Joshua, on that day. “My dear beloved son, Joshua, upon your confession of receiving Jesus as your Savor and Lord and your commitment to follow Jesus as His disciple, I baptize you in the name of The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

” Our human words were not adequate enough to express awesome feeling, when we raised our son from the water."

Here is a short background of Joshua. Born in USA, he received an infant baptism at 3 months old. At the age of 5, he came to Thailand with us and spent 13 years of his life. Somehow, for him, Thailand hasn’t been an easy country to live as MK, experiencing some painful hurts. He apparently never liked Thailand.
Joshua entered college on 2010 in USA. He left us and had to live alone away from family. Like any typical Christian parent, we earnestly prayed for not only his academic success in college, but also his spiritual maturity to walk with God. Behold, God began to work in his life from the first semester of the first year in college. He joined Christian campus groups and began to grow mature spiritually. We are so thankful to God and are proud of our son. And our worry about him went out the door.

Joshua planned to visit us in Thailand after Christmas. Although we’ve been apart only a few months, we longed for our returning son. He sent us a surprising e-mail,

“Something has been upon my heart these past few months, I was wondering that when I came to Thailand this winter if you would give me the honor of being baptized by you. I know this request may be unexpected, but it is something I have wanted to ask you since rediscovering my faith at Colorado College.”

We, immediately, put down his baptism as our top priority in our schedule and eagerly waited for that day. That day was January 8. We had glorious baptism on 5pm at the swimming pool of the school that Joshua graduated.

What a joy to baptize our own son! Although we are the first ones to admit that we weren’t perfect parent to him, we felt so honored to be asked by our own son for baptism. And we prayed in our heart, “Lord, like the joy we experience when we baptize our own son, would you grant us divine privilege to evangelize many unbelievers and baptize them all the days of our life?”
Taking about baptism, we look forward to witnessing 3 Thai people to be baptized after 8mnths baptism class on March. Please pray for the anointing of the Spirit at the baptism ceremony.
Our daughter, Hannah, sent all her college applications and is patiently waiting for acceptance notice. Would it be nice if she asks us to baptize her in the future? Anyway, we give all the glory to God.
Daniel, Song, Joshua and Hannah

Our Family 
1. Thank God that Karen is awake, but still cannot get up. Pray that she
can use her muscles. Pray for our dad who has been battling with
cancer for a few years.
2. Pray for spiritual, emotional and physical health. And for the power of the
Holy Spirit and full creativity in ministry.
3. Hannah (12th Grade) applied to a few colleges. Pray for the most suitable
college according to God’s will.
4. Pray for Spirit fullness on Joshua and being a witness at the college.
5. Pray for God’s faithfulness in our financial needs for 2011.