메뉴 건너뛰기

* 기도 편지는 파송된 선교사의 안전과 개인정보보호를위해 새로남교회 성도님들만 열람하실 수 있습니다.
조금 불편하시더라도 로그인 해주시길 부탁드립니다.
로그인이 안되는 분들은 카카오톡 '새로남교회'로 문의해주세요.

사랑하는 선교 동역자에게,
이번 달에는 구원이 주님이 죄인에게 그저 주시는 은혜의 선물인 것을 되새겨 보며 우리 자신을 복음의 바다 속에 던져봅니다.

● 방콕에서 만난 택시 운전사 ●
선교사인 저희들은 매년 방콕 이민국에서 체류비자 연장을 합니다. 지난 달에 일 년 비자 연장을 마치고 ‘챙마이’로 가기위해 ‘방콕’공항행 택시를 탔습니다. 습관에 따라 운전사에게 이야기를 걸었습니다.

태국에서 가장 가난한 동북쪽 ‘로이엣’ 지방에서 올라온 자녀를 하나 둔 35살 전형적
불교인 “아누칱”씨 였습니다. 그에게 물었습니다.

“절에 가서 연불을 드리며, 업을 쌓는데 기분이 어떠세요?”

그가 대답하기를
“마음이 평안해 집니다.”
“선한 일을 하여 업을 하면 그 업이 천국에 당신 구좌에 저축이 되는지 어떻게 알 수 있죠” 제가 그에게 물었습니다.

그가 답하기를,
“잘 모르겠는데요.”

“예를 들어, 당신이 은행에서 개인구좌를 열지도 않았는데 입금을 아무리 많이 하여도 구좌에 저축 되지 않지요. 입금하여 저축 하려면 먼저 그 은행에서 개인 구좌를 열어야 하죠.”

그가 묻기를
“어떻게 구좌를 열죠? “은행 주인에게 허락을 받아야하죠. 이 세상에서 선한 일을 하고 업을 하기 전에 천국 주인에게 구좌를 열어 달라고 먼저 허락을 받아야 합니다.”

“천국의 주인이 누구라고 생각하세요?”

그가 대답하기를
“잘 모르겠는데요.”
“종교는 우리로 선한 일을 하여 업을 쌓게 하지만, 기독교는 천국의 주인을 만나도록 합니다.”

그 택시 운전사에게 예수님을 소개 했습니다. 태국 사람들은 불교의 가르침대로 선한 업을 쌓으며 사는 정(精)도 많고 친절한 민족이지만, 아직도 하늘 나라의 주인을 만나지를 못하여 어두움속에서 영적으로 갈팡지팡하는 주님의 사랑이 필요한 영혼들입니다.

종교의 선한 행위로 구원을 얻는 것이 아니라, 예수님의 십자가 보혈의 은혜로 구원을 얻는다는 것이 참 생소하게 들리는 ‘아누칱’ 같은 6천5백만 태국 불교인들이 복음을 깨닫기를 간절히 기도합니다. 만나는 태국사람마다 복음을 전하는 우리의 가슴이 불타는 열정으로 철철 넘치도록 기도부탁 합니다.

● “홈 사역 (Home Assignment)의 기대와 무거운 마음” ●
사도바울이 선교 사역의 한 기간을 마치고 파송 교회로 돌아가서 홈 사역을 합니다
(사도행전 14).
저희도 3번째 텀을 마무리 하고 홈으로 돌아갑니다. 부족한 저희들과 협력하여 주신 교회와 형제, 자매들을 만날 것을 생각하니 가슴이 찡합니다. 손꼽아 만남을 기다리겠습니다. 하나님이 주신 은혜와 축복의 보따리를 풀어 여러분들과 함께 주님께 감사의 제물로 드리고 싶군요. 꼭 연락을 주세요. 6월 중순에 미국에 들어갑니다.

홈 사역의 기대와 함께 마음의 한 구석은 무겁네요. 저희들은 샌드위치 세대라 스스로 부릅니다. 위로는 연로하신 부모님을 돌보야 하는 책임과 아래로는 이제 대학을 들어가는 자녀들이 적응하여 스스로 독립하도록 도와야하는데 마음이 무겁네요. 주님께서
우리보다 훨씬 우리 자녀들을 섬세히 돌볼 것을 믿고 홈 사역으로 발 걸음을 옮깁니다.
또한 홈 사역을 통하여 재충전과 깊은 개인 발전을 기대합니다. 나이가 들고 선교 연륜이 덧셈 할수도록 주님의 인격을 더 닮아가고 사도바울처럼 사역하는 꿈을 꿉니다. 지난 3번째 텀에도 부족한 저희들의 멋진 동역자가 되어 주심을 감사합니다.
김대순, 성숙, 동규, 한나 드림

● 기도 제목 ●
1. ‘평신도를 깨운다’ 책이 태국어로 출판되어 많은 태국 교역자들에게 소개 됨을
주님께 감사들 드림. 태국교회에 제자훈련의 물결이 서서히 일어나도록.
2. 홈 사역(안식년)적응과 알찬 홈사역을 위하여.
3. 여 동생 캐론(Karen)과 아버지의 건강을 위하여.
4. 딸 ‘한나’가 고등학교를 잘 마침을 감사하며, 여름에 미국 가서 대학교에 잘
적응 할 뿐 아니라 필요한 모든 것 채워 주시도록 (교회, 친구, 건강, 학비, 등)
5. 챙마이신학대학원이 새학기에 30명 신입생들을 받을 수 있도록.
6. 챙마이신학대학원 새 캠퍼스 건축에 필요한 재정을 위하여 (70만불).

Dear Our Mission Partner,
In this letter, we rejoice with you of the wonderful salvation of Our Lord as the gift of God‟s grace. And we throw ourselves into the gigantic ocean of wonderful
Gospel of Jesus.

● A Taxi Driver we met at Bangkok ●
We have been using a missionary visa to stay in Thailand and we have to annually renew it at Immigration office in Bangkok. Last month, after renewing my one year visa, I

(Daniel) took a taxi to the airport to return home, Chiang Mai. As a usual habit, I initiated a conversation with the taxi driver, Mr. Anuphit, 35 years old Buddhist from „Loi Aet‟ province, the poorest part of Thailand. As the father
of a child, he works hard to earn 400-500 baht a day.

I asked him, “When you make a merit in the temple, how do you feel?” He said, “feels very peaceful.” I continued to ask, “When you do good works by making merits, how can you know that your merit makings are accumulated in
your account in heaven?” He pondered a few seconds, “I am not sure.” I explained, “For example, when you haven’t opened a personal bank account, it is useless make lots of deposits in the bank. If you want to deposit money to save, you have to open a bank account, first. Do you know how to open an account in the bank?” He was listening while I was talking to him. “Don’t you think you need to get permission from the owner of the bank?

Likewise, before you make merits, doing good works, it is wise for you open the personal account in heaven. Who do you think the owner of the Heaven is?” He answered, “I am not sure.” “Religions help us make merits of good deeds, but
Christianity leads us to meet the owner of the Heaven.” I, then, introduced Jesus Christ to him. Thais are very hospitable and gentle Buddhists, making lots of merits, but they are people who haven‟t met the owner of the Heaven, spiritually lost in the darkness. They believe they can get salvation with the good deeds. To them, it is very strange to hear and believe that salvation comes through
believing the blood of Jesus and receiving grace of God. Thailand is full of Buddhists like Mr. Anuphit, more than 65 million people. We ask you to pray for us to have special compassion to Thai people as we continue to work with Thai Buddhists. Lord! Grant us a compassionate heart to love Thai people.

● Joyful & Heavy heart of Home Assignment(ha) ●
After completing a term in the mission field, Apostle Paul returned to his sending church for HA (Acts 14). We just have completed our 3rd term and plan to return to our home. We are thankful to God for churches, partners and families like you who have faithfully invested in us reaching out Thai Buddhists. Thank you so much. We look forward to sharing the wonderful works of God‟s missions through us with you when we meet you during HA. Please let us know your schedule for us to visit you. We will return to our home USA, in the middle of June. We are a mixed feeling of joyfulness and heaviness in heart about HA. We consider ourselves „a sandwich generation.‟ We have our parent generation to take care of as they get sick and old and we also have our children generation to assist
them to be independent from us, but to depend on God. Soon, we will be an empty nest. With heaviness in our heart, wpray for our children to adjust well at a new situation in their college. Above all, we absolutely believe that God will
personally take care of our parent and children step by step.
Furthermore, we plan to recharge our lives and enhance personal growth and development. As we add more years to our age, we long to be more like Jesus and serve like Paul. And we pray for clear discernment on our future. We thank
you again for being our faithful partner during our 3rd term. We expect to serve God with you many more years to come.
Daniel, Song, Joshua and Hannah

● Prayer Topics ●
1. Thank God for publishing “Called to awaken Laity” in Thai language
and introducing it to many Thai pastors in May. Please pray for a
Church Discipling Movement (CDM) through this book.
2. Pray for our adjustment and effective Home Assignment.
3. Pray continually for the recovery of our sister (Karen) and dad.
4. Thank God that our daughter, Hannah, finished her high school well.
Please pray for her adjustment to USA and all her needs (new friends,
church, health and financial needs for her study in college)
5. Pray for 30 new students to CTS for new academic year 2011-12.
6. Pray for New Campus Building Project of CTS ($ 700,000).